I mostly just feel like typing right now, so here you are. A list.
1. I hate the word "yummy."
2. I hate the word "tummy."
2.5. I also don't like the word "belly." It is gross.
3. I detest the use of "prego/preggo/preggers" instead of "pregnant." "Prego" reminds me of "Ragu" and that is definitely crappy spaghetti sauce. I will probably die inside if I ever am with child (bahaha, jk, I won't use that phrase instead), and someone says one of those things to my face. Or I might punch you because I suspect I will be a really crabby pregnant person.
3.5 Let's be honest: if I am ever pregnant, I will hate the world.
4. I really love to eat all the time. The amount of food I can consume in one sitting is a little horrifying, even to me. I feel like I think about food way more than I should.
5. The number of acronyms used regularly in education is just stupid. I hate those things, and it seems like every time they enter into the picture, the conversation is stressful and crappy. I don't remember what they mean, and they are unnecessary. Let's just not use them. I can't look at another agenda that says "BLT" and not laugh. Sorry, that's a sandwich, and it will remain a sandwich in my head no matter what it is supposed to stand for. Bacon. Lettuce. Tomato. FOR LIFE.
6. Prepositions can end a sentence if I want them to.
7. Go ahead. Argue it. I don't care. The internet said it doesn't matter either way, and it knows everything.
8. Since when is a site called "buzzle.com" a credible source? I mean, BUZZLE? Does that SOUND SMART?
8.5 When I say, "Do not use Wikipedia as a source," you could AT LEAST pretend you SORT OF tried not to and not list it on your Works Cited page. I mean, REALLY.
9. I am not a great reader. I love to read, though. And I am finding, while slamming through teaching British Literature (my LEAST favorite literature for the most part), I am happy to have some challenging reading to do again. It has been a while. I'm reading (and teaching--I do NOT recommend trying to read and teach a piece of work for the first time at the same time--I have no choice in the matter) Macbeth for the first time right now, and I am really liking it. I mean, Lady Macbeth is a crazy! Will, you had me at dashing a baby's brains out. Intrigued.
10. Wise men say, only fools rush in...they rush out too. If they know what's good for them.
11. I just got yelled at for throwing raspberries from the couch across the room at my husband's head. I missed every time. And really, our carpet is dead anyway, so I didn't think it was really that big of a deal. I meannnn, the GIGANTIC, CRATER-SIZED THROW UP/POO stain is already over on that side of the room; no one would even notice little raspberry splashes.
12. I want to go clothes shopping. I haven't gone clothes shopping. Maybe I will go clothes shopping. Mostly I should grade papers.
13. Grading papers is not so bad because I like to read, but it's that whole feedback thing that takes FOREVER.
14. This one time, I was sitting on the couch typing when I was supposed to be folding laundry so we could vacuum the house.
15. Our water smells like death right now. It is so bad that when the toilet gets flushed, it is hard to tell if the stench is the moving water or the contents disappearing from the moving water.
16. I am realllllllly classy at all times.
17. Herbie smells better than I do right now. He smells like his special coconut conditioner because he got a bath last night. I, on the other hand, smell gross, but taking a shower seems like a whole lot of work I don't feel like doing currently.
18. I think if I lived alone, I'd take fewer showers.
19. It's probably good I don't live alone.
20. Someone please pay me for writing these lists.
What will matter when I'm dead here? I think none of this, actually. FRIDAY! FRIDAY!