1. I just used the word "lumbering" when talking about my cat. I like this word. I will use it more often.
2. I also like the word "frock," but there are very few occasions that require its use. It is disappointing.
3. I probably overuse "simultaneously." It sounds smart, so I say it more than I should.
4. Over the summer, I watched every season of Dawson's Creek, and when I finished it, I felt like all my friends died for about a week. On a related note, I hate Dawson. He is always good at everything and makes good decisions--even though he turned kind of crappy in the last seasons. That poor behavior did not redeem his character for me though. I was glad Pacey won in the end.
5. One of my students was lip-syncing the song "Dancing Queen" today, and the others were shocked he knew it word-for-word. I told them I was shocked they didn't. Also, they were born in 1995 and later. I am scared.
6. If there is one thing parents should teach their kids, it is responsibility. Respect would be great too, but responsibility is big. I don't know anything about parenting though.
7. When I eat popcorn, I EAT popcorn. Like entire gigantic bowls of it. And I only share with the dogs because they get one piece at a time. When my husband wants it, I get irritated because he takes MORE than one piece at a time. Unacceptable. Unless he made it for me--then I am more willing to share.
8. My issues of procrastination are running at full-force right now. I am a zombie.
9. I want to eat a giant bowl of popcorn right now. I've wanted it for a few hours, but getting off the couch seems like too much work at this point.
10. I can't focus in the evening anymore and have to get up really, REALLY early in the morning to get things done. This morning, however, I decided it was too cold to get up and slept another two hours. I am in trouble.
11. For a few weeks, every day on my drive to work, this huge flock of birds would caravan through the sky above my car in this long, whip-like formation. It was really cool, and I miss them.
12. I stress eat AND shop. Luckily, I am always so tired that I rarely go anywhere besides our house and the school, so the shopping part doesn't do much to us (I don't love online shopping). Today, though, I did some stress shopping. At 7 PM. And I am SO messed up right now that I actually color-coordinated all of my purchases. All I needed was a set of small speakers because mine died in class today. So I went in and found the black speakers. Then I saw a little wood sign that said "Love will save the day" and thought, "Yes, yes it will," so I got it. It is black too. Then I walked past a sweater--striped gray, white, and yellow--and I put it in the cart, too. And I liked all the color coordination going on, so I added Bruce Springsteen's "The Promise" album, which is gray and black and white. I had some slippers, but I put them back because they didn't look nice in the cart.
13. Henry and I are bonding still. The new car. Bidding goodbye to Martha was not easy for me. I still miss her sometimes because Henry has all these fancy buttons and stuff, while Martha just had the basic car things (that didn't always work). But Henry has heated seats, and, really, that makes me bond with him more quickly than I normally would with something new that is replacing something old.
14. Right before Christmas, I put up a Charlie Brown tree in my classroom--like an actual little fake tree fashioned after the sad Christmas tree that Charlie Brown has in the Christmas special. Anyway. I put it up, and hung its one little ornament on it, and then I picked it up to move it to a better location on the tree and shattered the ornament all over the floor. So now my Charlie Brown tree is the SADDEST tree ever. In its box, though, because I did undecorate my classroom.
15. Unlike my house...which has its Christmas decor, lights, and tree up in all their glory.
16. This one time, we had a tree up at the beginning of summer.
17. Another time, I put up our tree on Halloween and made it a Halloween tree.
18. I guess this list will have to go to number 20.
19. I am currently surrounded with dogs and cats. I love how much they love me and how great they think I am just because I give them treats and cuddle with them.
20. Franklin has eaten all my chapstick in the past few weeks, so now I am stuck with this stupid chapstick that I've had for the past--no joke--9 years. I always lose chapstick or send it through the dryer, so I have no idea WHY this stuff has hung around so long. Probably just because I don't like it very much.
Maybe I will make lists from now on.
And will any of this matter when I'm dead? The answer is probably "no."